I know, I know, I promised to give you this list LAST week… but it took awhile to play with ingredients.
It took awhile because each lemonade concoction REALLLLLY needed to make it into a double old-fashioned glass with a shot of vodka. Seriously, you’ve GOT to know that took me awhile.
Don’t worry. Only kidding.
So, okay Kevin, quit sending me notes about “when are you going to share this list, I’m waiiiiiting?” (I may have elaborated a bit on that one.)
Here we go…
8 WAYS TO JAZZ UP (FOODIE-FY) YOUR LEMONADE
It starts with pouring a glass of home-squeezed lemonade into a martini shaker with crushed ice and adding any of these ingredients to-taste. Yes, it is a-o-k if you use Simply Lemonade (that one is for you, Bill). You’re still adding a foodie special touch, so rock on with your bad self!
1) Juice a Clementine or blood orange – the color will add zip!
2) Muddle a handful of freshly picked and in-season blackberries – it will taste like dessert in a cup!
3) Softly bruise the leaves of fresh mint – simply breathe in to get that extra fresh feeling!
4) Diced English cucumbers – my personal favorite!
5) Muddle a few slices of tart kiwi (skins removed) – this has a tang that makes it a great addition to gin!
6) Softly bruise the leaves of fresh parsley – this is especially refreshing on a hot summer day!
7) Pour in pineapple juice or muddle a few pieces to release their juices – my husband’s personal favorite!
8) Scoop in sherbet! (This idea comes my childhood friend, Lesley) – It may not be pretty, but the kiddo’s will love it!
Viola! There you have it!
I’m curious… what ways have you jazzed up lemonade? Or… let’s get crazy and come up with other ways to challenge our usual way to drink this old-fashioned delight. C’mon, whatcha’ got?
Eat well, my friends. Eat well.